Whilst a slice of tasty pizza always goes down a treat, the greasy stains it can leave behind on our clothes doesn’t. For many grease stains are considered a laundry nightmare and can cause waves of panic that a new outfit is ruined. Fear not as we have some great news for you! Removing grease stains isn’t actually as hard as you may think. Here at Helpling, we have a super simple method that will get your clothes clean in no time at all, and the great thing is it requires very minimal effort! Read on for our easy six-step method to remove stubborn grease stains.
- If you have had a grease spillage and you are out of the house, quickly sprinkle some salt or sweetener onto the stain. This will help it from setting.
- After the salt or sweetener has absorbed for a couple of minutes, shake off any residue.
- Once you are home, immediately grab some washing up liquid and slowly work it into the stain. Make sure not to scrub too hard to avoid pushing the stain further into the material. Then rinse with a little warm water.
- When you’re ready to put your next wash on, grab your stained item of clothing and rub some laundry detergent directly onto the stain as well as putting your usual amount of detergent in for the wash.
- Put your machine on the hottest wash suitable for the fabric of your item.
- Once your stain has disappeared, simply air dry your garment. If the stain is still visible repeat step number 5 again until the stain has completely gone.
We told you it was simple! Just remember when it comes to grease, you need to act fast as that will lead to the best results.